I want this one to be short and sweet, so I want to give you some ideas for very low cost or free ideas for your weekend entertainment. So here goes:
- Going for a walk at the local park. My wife and I love this idea because it is absolutely free, and the scenery is beautiful.
- Going camping. Once you make the initial investment to get the tent, bed rolls, mobile kitchen, maybe some hunting and fishing gear, you are in for a very affordable trip. Just hit spots like your local lake or park and setup your camp spot.
- Fishing or Hunting. Again, after a little bit of initial expense, this is a very low cost method of entertainment.
- Watching a Movie. You can find movies at groceries stores and even fast food restaurants in a vending machine that can be rented for just one dollar.
- Grilling Dinner. This is one of my favorites. Some chicken, steak, pork loin, ribs, etc and some great seasoning, and you have yourself a meal fit for kings.
- Going Swimming. A fun and very cheap way to get some exercise or just relax.
- Sand or Beach Volley Ball. Many public parks have a sand pit for just such an occasion. Just get a volley ball and have fun.
- Tennis. Again, your local public park will probably have a tennis court. All you need is a couple of rackets and a tube of tennis balls, and there you go.
- Basketball. The easiest. A basketball and some good running shoes and you are ready for action.
- Online Games. Websites like candystand.com offer free, fun games to play.
- Puzzles. One of our favorites. Puzzles are cheap and can offer a great chance for a couple to work together to solve, and provide a good time for fellowship.
- Card Games. This is another cheap, fun one. Our favorites are hearts and spades, the vicious heart wrenching card games are close to our ‘heart’.
- Video Games. Game systems like the Nintendo Wii offer some fantastic lifelike action without the hassle of a bunch of different equipment and having to make the drive.
- Working out. Not one of personal favorites, however there are many people that find it quite relaxing and fun to go the gym and exercise.
- Board Games. Classics like Monopoly, Life, and Trivial Pursuit are fan favorites.
These are just a few great games and entertainment you can do on a shoe string budget. I hope I was of help here, and if you have some of your own great ideas, please list them below in the comments section.